life gives me butterflies

life gives me butterflies

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I met Angel Taylor!

Yesterday, my friend Connie and I drove the 30 minutes south to Lancaster, PA to see my new favorite artist Angel Taylor perform live at the Chameleon Club. We left Reading at 7pm because on her website it said that the show started at 8pm so we figured we had enough time to get there, get our tickets and find a good spot near the stage. Wrong. We get there, and we drive around trying to look for the place and by the time we finally find it its 7:45 and the line is almost a mile long! I tell Connie we should look to see if we can get to the front even with the glares of some people, I didn't care. I was determined to get in there in time. After about 15 minutes of standing in line, we finally pay for our tickets. I was getting really excited, so we walk in and guess what??...Angel was already performing! And there was already a huge crowd of people in front of us! I couldn't believe it, I grabbed Connie and managed to pass through the crowd and get as close as possible. She played another song and after she was done she thanked us and said goodnight. Que?! This couldn't be, she couldn't have been finished. I turned to the person next to me and asked was she the opening act? "Yeah she's been on since 7 and the band is about to come on." Nooo she was the opening act? I had missed her...

We went to the back to the bar and I stood there feeling defeated and angry. I had drove ALL this way to see her perform, paid $25 and all I got to see was her perform one song. Then, I see soneone walk past me, I couldn't believe it, it was Angel! I call out her name and she turns and says hi to me. I give her a hug and get all giddy. Was this really happening? Was Angel Taylor really in front of me? Talking to me? I tell her about what happened and she says not to worry, that there will be other shows. (She's going to be in Allentown this Friday and yup I'm going) I also tell her that I love her music and she's an inspiration to me. She's really pretty and has a sweet raspy voice. I was smitten. She gives me her autograph and Connie takes our picture on her IPhone, I gave her another hug before saying goodbye. After she walks away I just stand there, starstruck.

2 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME! You only got to see one song after huge frustration trying to get in, but it paid off. I can't wait to get home and watch that video (work computer is too public). I've never heard of Angel Taylor.

    haliwoodsaywhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story! Glad to hear she was so down to earth. She has such a great voice.

    ReplyDelete